Commando Lay Shaft bearing

Russ Hunt WQ3X wq3x at epix.net
Mon Apr 5 11:35:10 EDT 2021

 I did mine with the gearbox in the bike following this article:
Layshaft Bearing Upgrade

|  |  |

|  |
Layshaft Bearing Upgrade

David

Of and for Norton Motorcycles

The article has you heat the case then use the layshaft itself to remove the bearing. It worked out for me, but sometimes the inner race will come off the layshaft and then you will need the puller. I used the fancy ball bearing recommended by Mick Hemmings and ended up replacing a bunch of other things in the gearbox too, like all the bushings and bearings and the mainshaft.Good luck,Russ in UBE