RaceTech Gold Valve Emulators?

Kevin Fahey faheykm at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 18 13:50:58 EDT 2020

Eric,

Agree with Chris.  Can speak to a /6 but I replaced a set of Progressive springs with Gold Valve emulators in my '71 CB750 (there, I said it 😄) and the improvement was definitely worth it.

I had to buy a set of linear wound springs, a set of Racetech's damper rod adapters ($20 pair of machined spacers that sit between the emulators and the tops of the damper rods), and drill a couple holes in the bottom of the damper rods but aside from this the install was a by-the-book fork disassembly / reassembly.

Some bikes require brazing of the damper rods if the bike has forks with external rebound adjusters.

Regards,
Kevin