[NJairheads] Push rod seals and protective push rod stainless steel tube

George Rand gprjr62 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 27 16:10:08 EDT 2019

I am in the middle of replacing my push rod seals on R75/5 1971 engine.  Disassembly was straight forward and no big issues.
When I pulled the heads away from the engine push rod seals were exposed.  On the exhaust side, the protective push rod tube was broken at the bottom.   A piece of the tubing was stuck into my rubber push rod seal!
I want to replace the tube, what is the procedure  to get the old tube out of the head?

Skip Rand
gprjr62 at gmail.com <mailto:gprjr62 at gmail.com>
609-417-5807
R75/5