Rcatech emulators on a R100RS

Jim Wilson vinceotter49 at gmail.com
Sun May 9 15:08:02 EDT 2021

' once it's  back on I don't want to ever take it off again :)   Well
unless  absolutely necessary. '

just to make life easier.  . . . . . .   In 1980 when I got my wrecked R90
and converted her to an SRS,  I added remote fuses to the RS dash.    These
are connected to an SAE waterproof trailer 4 wire plug.  they are all
soldered to every connection.      then again , if you take the time to
solder after crimping every clean scraped tight connection . . . .  every
connector - - -  and protect the ends with heat shrink and make sure every
connection is tight.
For those that do not know,  a loose electrical connection creates heat,
 that heat then cause minor / major issues and failure.

You'll never need to change a fuse.

 The harness I had to fabricate for the cig lighter.  no ignition in the
dash,  my 2 volt meters, piaa 510 driving lamps, added 5 spade protected
relays hidden into the faririn, GSP/ xm assembly, my 4 mini led blinkers,
my aux dash panel w/ switches are all plug n play.   easy to disconnect
from the dash or fork assy.

You may be the kind of rider who simply won't add-on all that I have for
long distance riding .  fine.  But now is the time to set the new ride up
correctly by following good electrical practices, no strained wires, routed
correctly for the harness you have.      [ Don't get caught up in what the
factory did EXACTLY,   cause it's  total BS ] or connectors, etc.

btw,        keep V. good notes on any & all  electrical changes you make.
 make detailed simple drawings or detailed draftsman type and Keep them
stored away in your shop binder,

On Sun, May 9, 2021 at 10:40 AM Zwicky, Eric <ezwicky2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Bill,
>
> Since the fairing is off (whole bike needs to be painted), once it's
> back on I don't want to ever take it off again :)   Well unless
> absolutely necessary.

       *   Jim   *

*"* *A short time to be there, * *and a long time to be Gone* . . *"*