[MDairheads] The almost ultimate minimalist Airhead toolkit ?

Christopher Sutton csutty400 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 21:32:57 EDT 2018

Sent from my iPhone

> On Apr 12, 2018, at 8:52 PM, Mike Cecchini via MDAirheads <mdairheads at casano.com> wrote:
>

> My /6 original tool kit lives with the bike. It's all I've needed to do just
> about anything I want to do on the road....

I have to agree with you on that. I have yet to bring my large well equipped tool box home from my dad’s garage. He has a large work bay that make it easy to work on my German 4 wheelers.
 At home, in my small 1 bay, stuffed with 2 too many bikes, the factory tool kit handles most everything. The practice round on my R60/6, lubing the input splines, the tool kit handled everything but the torque wrench jobs. I.E. Torquing the swingarm pivots. Rob even brought his for his side of the bike.
 I, with the help of my sister, sewed my own tool bag. I used a heavy cordura. I made it a touch longer. I carry an older factory set of tools. Added to that I carry a small pair of Knipex pliers,(https://www.zoro.com/knipex-water-pump-plier-6-l-87-01-150/i/G4466454/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9f-k5Yq22gIVl7XACh3WQwYDEAQYBSABEgKRmPD_BwE),  a set of 4 spokes cut down to ground the plugs for balancing, and a set of alligator clips connected with a 18ga wire to ground the bottom set of plugs while doing that. Also, a carb balance screwdriver I got from Dave Cushing. ;) Not for me since I have Bing 53s, for the other guy with CV carbs.

> The best tool kit?  Being proactive at home.

The best tool kit? The one you don’t need.