[MDairheads] The almost ultimate minimalist Airhead toolkit ?

Mike Cecchini mrc.engr at verizon.net
Thu Apr 12 20:52:01 EDT 2018

My /6 original tool kit lives with the bike. It's all I've needed to do just
about anything I want to do on the road.

What I take extra lives in the right pannier. Cables, bulbs, fuses, small VOM,
tubless tire musroom plug kit, air compressor. In 30 yrs I've not needed any of
it.

To me the best tool kit is a bike that's as well prepared to hit the road as
possible.  I'd rather spend 100 hrs in my own shop/garage where I have
everything I need to make life easy with cold brew in the fridge, 40 yrs of my
music on iPod........than 1 hr on the side of the road.

My mentality is to take what repairs I am capable of and would do on the side of
the road......or motel parking lot.  Anything more than this I'll usually leave
it and come back with my trailer or rent a U-Haul truck to get it home.  This
has never happened in 38 yrs.

The best tool kit?  Being proactive at home.