November Meeting Cancellation and Notes from October Meeting

bob Katz beemer56bob at verizon.net
Sat Nov 14 08:16:00 EST 2020

Actual phone number is 2154166763. The other number is for I hate British motorcycles hotline 😂

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail
 On Friday, November 13, 2020, Daniel Sellers <dansellers45 at gmail.com> wrote:

DelawareValley Norton Riders

MeetingUpdate for Third Sunday November 15.

President George waited as long as he feltappropriate to see if Sunday would be a day that we could meet outside.Presently it looks like we will be getting some rain in the early afternoon soPres George made an executive decision to cancel the meeting because of therisk of spreading Covid19 at an indoor gathering. Montgomery Co. has reported 1,093new Covid cases and 7 deaths over the last week. Serious Business. No Meeting!

We did have nominations of officers at our Octobermeeting which is reported below. At present there is one nominee for each ofthe three executive offices. When we hold our next meeting we can have a vote byacclamation unless another candidate presents themselves. Withno opposition that will conclude the election. Until our next meeting Davidshould serve as acting President.

Bob Katz who was prepared to host this month’smeeting will be working on gremlins lurking deep inside his Combat in hisgarage on Sunday. Bob says you are welcome do drop in but give him a heads upif you are coming. Masks would be a good idea. Bob’s # 215-416-6762

ChristmasParty 2020

I talked with Tom Weisel on Wed. about the DecemberChristmas Party. With the Covid cases on the rise Tom does not want to take thechance on having a group of people inside his home for the Christmas gathering.It’s likely to be prohibited by the PA state guidelines if the covid casescontinue to rise. Tom has offered to host the party in 2021 instead. We willall be waiting to see when we can gather again.

October18 2020 Meeting Notes

President George notified the members via email thatthe October membership meeting would be held at the Riverside Bar and Grille onRt. 611 above Easton starting at Noon on Oct 18.

18 Members rode to the meeting on a cool crispmorning under clear sunny skies. We had outdoor seating at tables for 6 or 8under a large canopy. The Delaware River was moving swiftly at the edge of theproperty and the railroad tracks lay silent.

The food orders were placed and Pres George calledthe members to order. The first order of business was the nomination ofofficers for 2021. George had stated in his email that it was time for a newperson to step up to serve as Pres. A short discussion was held and PatDaloisio was nominated. Pat was not present to accept or reject the nomination.David Behnken was nominated for Pres. David accepted the nomination.Nominations were open for Treasurer. Dan Sellers was nominated. Dan acceptedfor another term. No other nominations were presented. Nominations were openedfor Recording Secretary / AMA Legislative Officer. Ken Kopec was nominated foranother term. Ken was not present to accept or reject the nomination. Aquestion came up about electing the Road Captain. Pres Geo noted that the RoadCaptain is appointed by the President and not elected. Nominations were closed.

Post meeting note. Treasurer Dan contacted PatDaloisio and Ken Kopec the following day to confirm their acceptance of thenomination. Pat rejected the nomination. Ken accepted the nomination.  That leaves the election with 3 candidatesand 3 offices. Election will be held at the next meeting scheduled for November15 at meeting host Bob Katz’s home. (This meeting has been postponed).

Member Richard Casey suggested that the club couldor should have a vice President. Dan stated the the club Constitutiondesignated only three elected officers. The constitution could be modifiedusing one of the methods under Robert’s Rules of Order. Perhaps the rule couldinclude a lifetime appointment by the person proposing such a change. This willbe discussed further at the next meeting.

The subject of the 2020 DVNR Christmas Party wasbrought up. Tom Weisel had offered to host the party early this the year. Thequestion was raised regarding the safety of an indoor event with a large crowd.Many Christmas parties get as many as 50 attendees. Bruce questioned the numberbut I can confirm the head count over several years where there were 50 or moreattendees. Of course we would have to see what the Governors rule will be inearly December but a majority present had no fear of Covid19 virus. Host TomWeisel who was not present will have to make the final decision. Post meetingnote: No Christmas Party.

Todd Robertson offered to host the February 2021meeting at his home in Phillipsburg NJ. Thank you Todd.

No further busisness was presented and the Pres.Called for a motion to adjourn. The members enjoyed a nice lunch on a great dayfor a ride. We had a spirited ride home.