November Meeting Cancellation and Notes from October Meeting

Daniel Sellers dansellers45 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 23:35:23 EST 2020

Delaware Valley Norton Riders

Meeting Update for Third Sunday November 15.

President George waited as long as he felt appropriate to see if Sunday
would be a day that we could meet outside. Presently it looks like we will
be getting some rain in the early afternoon so Pres George made an
executive decision to cancel the meeting because of the risk of spreading
Covid19 at an indoor gathering. Montgomery Co. has reported 1,093 new Covid
cases and 7 deaths over the last week. Serious Business. No Meeting!

We did have nominations of officers at our October meeting which is
reported below. At present there is one nominee for each of the three
executive offices. When we hold our next meeting we can have a vote by
acclamation unless another candidate presents themselves. With no
opposition that will conclude the election. Until our next meeting David
should serve as acting President.

Bob Katz who was prepared to host this month’s meeting will be working on
gremlins lurking deep inside his Combat in his garage on Sunday. Bob says
you are welcome do drop in but give him a heads up if you are coming. Masks
would be a good idea. Bob’s # 215-416-6762

Christmas Party 2020

I talked with Tom Weisel on Wed. about the December Christmas Party. With
the Covid cases on the rise Tom does not want to take the chance on having
a group of people inside his home for the Christmas gathering. It’s likely
to be prohibited by the PA state guidelines if the covid cases continue to
rise. Tom has offered to host the party in 2021 instead. We will all be
waiting to see when we can gather again.

October 18 2020 Meeting Notes

President George notified the members via email that the October membership
meeting would be held at the Riverside Bar and Grille on Rt. 611 above
Easton starting at Noon on Oct 18.

18 Members rode to the meeting on a cool crisp morning under clear sunny
skies. We had outdoor seating at tables for 6 or 8 under a large canopy.
The Delaware River was moving swiftly at the edge of the property and the
railroad tracks lay silent.

The food orders were placed and Pres George called the members to order.
The first order of business was the nomination of officers for 2021. George
had stated in his email that it was time for a new person to step up to
serve as Pres. A short discussion was held and Pat Daloisio was nominated.
Pat was not present to accept or reject the nomination. David Behnken was
nominated for Pres. David accepted the nomination. Nominations were open
for Treasurer. Dan Sellers was nominated. Dan accepted for another term. No
other nominations were presented. Nominations were opened for Recording
Secretary / AMA Legislative Officer. Ken Kopec was nominated for another
term. Ken was not present to accept or reject the nomination. A question
came up about electing the Road Captain. Pres Geo noted that the Road
Captain is appointed by the President and not elected. Nominations were
closed.

Post meeting note. Treasurer Dan contacted Pat Daloisio and Ken Kopec the
following day to confirm their acceptance of the nomination. Pat rejected
the nomination. Ken accepted the nomination.  That leaves the election with
3 candidates and 3 offices. Election will be held at the next meeting
scheduled for November 15 at meeting host Bob Katz’s home. (This meeting
has been postponed).

Member Richard Casey suggested that the club could or should have a vice
President. Dan stated the the club Constitution designated only three
elected officers. The constitution could be modified using one of the
methods under Robert’s Rules of Order. Perhaps the rule could include a
lifetime appointment by the person proposing such a change. This will be
discussed further at the next meeting.

The subject of the 2020 DVNR Christmas Party was brought up. Tom Weisel had
offered to host the party early this the year. The question was raised
regarding the safety of an indoor event with a large crowd. Many Christmas
parties get as many as 50 attendees. Bruce questioned the number but I can
confirm the head count over several years where there were 50 or more
attendees. Of course we would have to see what the Governors rule will be
in early December but a majority present had no fear of Covid19 virus. Host
Tom Weisel who was not present will have to make the final decision. Post
meeting note: No Christmas Party.

Todd Robertson offered to host the February 2021 meeting at his home in
Phillipsburg NJ. Thank you Todd.

No further busisness was presented and the Pres. Called for a motion to
adjourn. The members enjoyed a nice lunch on a great day for a ride. We had
a spirited ride home.