trip report

GEORGE G_ROETENBERG at msn.com
Sun Aug 23 19:11:43 EDT 2020

Norton Riders,

We had about 10 show up to Chris Owens cabin at the lake.  Weather was very nice.  Dave Glover won the bent valve award for a flat tire and Brian got second place for a busted speedo drive.   Most including myself took the modern bikes, but a couple Nortons showed up.  Pat drove his 4 wheeled motorcycle.

For those with extra money, a report of a nice MK3 for sale at Mikes Gun Shop 232 Levittown Pky  Levittown PA 215-946-2621. Owner want 14k but who knows when reality will set in.

I am offering to the club first my 1970 Norton Commando Roadster Ser# 139XXX.  Pretty much everything in the engine and transmission has been rebuilt.  Lots of upgrades. Newly painted black steel tank and steel sidecovers, stainless fenders, cush drive rear wheel,  later oil tank, tapered roller steering bearing, modified sidestand, later centerstand, progressive shocks, drum brake stiffening kit, new wiring harness, superblends, pazon ignition, podtronics, etc.  I have most the 1970 parts to go with the bike for the purists.  I don't drive it enough.  I will take alot less than 14k.  Maybe trade for something cool.

George

[https://ipmcdn.avast.com/images/icons/icon-envelope-tick-green-avg-v1.png]<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>     Virus-free. www.avg.com<http://www.avg.com/email-signature?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=webmail>