RaceTech Gold Valve Emulators?

William Lambert b_line750 at verizon.net
Sun Oct 18 20:55:53 EDT 2020

   Eric,

    I agree with all who have weighed in.   I had been riding my new to me ’84 RS for about 4 years when I began to become frustrated with the bikes ill mannered handling and my continued failed efforts to sort it out.   An unnerving weave or squirm in the chassis had been cause for concern.  Most notable on protracted sweepers running on a slight downhill mountain grade.  Neutral or off-throttle in particular.  Uphill, throttle open, not so much.   Nonetheless, the bike would pick up a difficult to control wobble or oscillation in the chassis.   Unacceptable, I thought.

   RaceTech emulators were installed, various fork oil weights were tried. Harley Davidson Type-E proved positive.  The ride quality did not improve in any noteworthy way.  Bumps in the road are still met with equal feel at the handlebar.  The handling however has been nicely improved.  While enjoying the mountain pass, the bike is far less likely to exhibit wobble or weave.

  Dare I say, the recalcitrant rubber cow has been exorcized.

   Just passin’ through.

   Bill.