Fw:For Sale: 83 R-something-RT in Md

William F. Dudley Jr. dud at casano.com
Fri May 15 13:15:47 EDT 2020

f.y.i.

Bill Dudley
NJ AM
From: Henry Sherwood <henry.sherwood at gmail.com>
To: Maryland Airheads <mdairheads at mail.casano.com>
Sent: Fri, 15 May 2020 12:36:44 -0400
Subject: Re: Fw: Wanted- 80s-90s R80-R100

Thanks Bill, I've emailed Charlie and for any one else who is interested, I
am selling my 83 RT.  If anyone has a better idea of price, please let me
know,

I have a blue 1983 RT with luggage and I live in Arnold MD, about 8 miles
from Annapolis.

I bought the bike in the early 2000's.  It has  41,200  miles on it.  The
year before the Bloombury rally, I had the heads done because of the
recession problem.  After 1000 miles, the wrist pin circlip gave way on one
of our MD rallies in Hancock MD.

Tom Cutter had the cylinder relined for me.  Mark Dulaney helped with the
bearings, replaced the timing chain, just because we were there.  Mark
thought the crank looked ok.

I rode the bike to Bloomsbury without any problems other than it was hot as
hell.  After that I had some problems with cervical stenosis, and my MRI is
a little scary to be riding on a motorcycle.  Then rotator cuff problems,
followed by heart valve replacement and more complications.

Finally I got the nerve to ride the bike again, took it to Chris Kennedy's
Technobarn and one of the attendees who came in a car, backed into it in
the driveway.  That put some small short cracks in the windscreen and a
small crack in the fairing.  I replaced the mirror and it is a cosmetic,
not a functional problem.  That seemed like a bad omen to me and I parked
the bike and drained the gas tank.

The death of my friend and neighbor, Mark Lipschitz absolutely killed my
nerve to get back on the bike.   I was thinking of selling the bike to
Bob's.  I am moving in July and I absolutely need to get rid of the bike.

Having been out of the hobby I am not certain what to ask,  $2000?  Back
when I was riding, the bike had new cables, tires, push rod seals, neutral
switch.  I can send pictures if you friend is interested.

Henry Sherwood
henry.sherwood at gmail.com

Bill Dudley