Tire recommendations for 1984 R65LS

susan.quitzau at gmail.com susan.quitzau at gmail.com
Tue Jun 15 12:32:11 EDT 2021

Hello All,

I'm Susan and new here.  I'm reviving a 1984 R65LS and will be buying new
tires soon.

My quandary is whether to buy bias or radials?  (Acknowledging that
tire/size availability is sketchy right now too)

I've been a street rider on radials on newer bikes for over 20 years and
have no experience with bias as original equipment.

I understand that todays radials/performance tires were not available
options almost 40 years ago but that the bias tires also were considered
part of the suspension.

Please share with me if you will your preferences, experience, and
recommendations with/of bias and/or radials on your airheads.

Thanks much.

RideOn!

SusanQ