Carb tuning

Porter Gieske portergieske at me.com
Fri Oct 8 09:22:28 EDT 2021

As an update to my carb tuning:
Delivery of the sync/vac gauges was faster than anticipated and I set about the adjustments, last night.
With a strong fan and a full aux fuel tank, the entire process was maybe 10 minutes with pauses for thought.
For the uninitiated (me), one tip would be to look at the throttle arm and stopping screw.  For an initial setting, the screw only needs to barely touch the arm, rocking the arm will confirm a tapping sound to confirm that the screw is touching.  From there, my final setting was less than one turn of the screw, inwards, on each side.
Another tip- if the motor does not stall on its own by unscrewing the throttle adjuster, there is probably an air leak, confirm with starter fluid, or manually checking the hose clamps on the rubber carb tubes.
>From there - the process is straightforward and mimics info available online and in video.  Talking about carb tuning is like dancing about architecture.
Job done, but I also know it could be done again, for there is no perfection.