electrical guru needed

Porter Gieske portergieske at me.com
Sun May 16 12:33:06 EDT 2021

Greetings, folks-
I am in the midst of rewiring my 82 R100RS, now just S, with a set of EME components, and I was wondering if anyone would be interested in helping me walk through my setup to provide insights on a proper wiring.
And by walking through this, I mean virtually, over email or text or video, just to run down the list of what is connected to what.

The previous owner’s outdoor storage was not kind to the many connectors and rubber bits, so the 'why did I do this?' is because most of the electrical was corroded and not working well.

I have already installed:
EME enduralast 400w charging system, diode board and stator, with connections.
EME optical ignition sensor
EME voltage reg/rec
EME ignition control module
EME 3k ohm single coil tower - that’s a single unit with 2 spark plug leads, as they said it was best for my setup.

I am using an M-Unit as the hub for things, it works fine in testing.
I am using the M-Button too, that also functions as it should.  I saw the turn signals in the rear to flash from the handle bar control switches, so that was progress.

Where I am getting confusion/conflict is the wiring between the starter motor, the coils and the regulator, with the battery in there, of course.

I have found stock wiring diagrams of little use here.  I have found a few similar setups to mine, however they aren’t as helpful in real life.

I am using the stock starter.

My next step on this is to phone EME, and ask them for help, it wouldn’t surprise me if they had diagrams ready to send, and yes, I have looked on their site.

I am open to suggestions on how to best tackle this and Thanks!
porter