Rcatech emulators on a R100RS

Sailorcto sailorcto at gmail.com
Mon May 10 08:50:05 EDT 2021

Eric,

I think the term ‘kit’ is an urban myth to a degree. In my experience, several BMW shops have offered common rebuild or re-seal parts as ‘kits’. Mostly it was pulling the parts for the customer’s convenience—their contents vary from shop to shop. I am not sure BMW ever offered a kit. I think the shops do that less and less (sort of the same demise as the airhead tech knowledge base—we are on our own).

Your bike is at the cusp of change for the R100, so I would pull the forks and disassemble just 1 of them to inspect. They are not terribly complicated and this list has an amazing amount of knowledge to assist.

All of the parts are still readily available and searchable on MaxBMW.com’s micro fiche.

I can’t recall where you are located, but in a pinch I’d bet fellow airheads would don a mask and ride over to help. It’s a big part of the credo.

Brooks has also replied to a few of my questions.

—Tony