rotors from Euro MotoElectrics

Bill bachman.bill at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 16:00:44 EDT 2021

I found reasonably priced rotors from EME ($243 each) but was confused
by the 3.5mm MINIMUM thickness noted so I contacted them:

     Your listing says "NOTE: Minimum Thickness is 3.5mm". Is that
correct? BMW spec is to replace anything less than 4mm.

This was their somewhat bizarre response:

     Hi these rotors are made by Brembo who is the OEM supplier to BMW
for most brake parts.

      The listing says the "minimum thickness is 3.5mm", so that means
      that is the MINIMUM.

           Hope that helps?

Well, no it didn't.  Anyone figure out what they mean?  How can minimum
be less than the rejection spec?

thanks, Bill Bachman