[MDairheads] !966 R 27 auto advance unit

walter craig makenewagain at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 9 16:53:53 EST 2020

Greetings fellow Airheads,
Need some help:
My 27 runs very well. BUT, it does not quickly settle down to idle. Spins up pretty fast and slowly sags down to idle.
I may have a carb issue (I took apart and carefully cleaned, blew air through everything, and insured the slide moves freely.). Yet the air screw is all the way IN to get the motor to idle. I know this is not correct.
Havent solved the problem.
I have removed the advance unit. Weights move freely and close quickly. Yet, I wonder if the tiny springs are weak, thus not bringing the weights all the way in thus keeping some amount of advance.
Here's the questions:
Ideas regarding the carb issue? suggestions?
Is there a trick to getting those tiny springs off, and then replacing with new OEM springs?
My phone is : 717 229 2840
Am located in Hanover,PA.
Any help is much appreciated.
And kudos for Supertech. Well done.