(reposting) Selling my 1981 R100RS

Chris Ritzo chris.ritzo at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 08:18:10 EDT 2020

Hello Airheads,

I posted this in early July, so just sending again in the hopes this bike
might go to someone local or regional. So far I've only advertised it here
and reposts to the VA and PA lists, but will likely expand that before too
long.

I'm offering my 1981 R100RS for sale. The bike is in great condition, but
over the last two years life and work have kept me from riding enough to
justify keeping it, and this bike deserves to be with someone who will
enjoy it more regularly.

I am the third owner and bought it with 45,950 miles from Chris Kennedy in
January 2018. Chris kept the bike up well with regular services, oil and
filter changes about every 3500 miles plus continuous gearbox, final drive,
brake fluid changes etc., but I'm sad to say I’ve put just over 1000 miles
on it since then. The odometer is currently at 47,006 miles.

The bike has been garage kept, battery kept on a trickle when not in use,
and gas winterized each year. Starts right up and is in decent, ridable
condition, though it's due for a new set of tires and a service before
taking it out for regular riding.

The add-ons and extras make this bike. It has a number of nice upgrades
including a billet San Jose fork brace,  and a custom fabricated luggage
rack. A comprehensive list of those changes is attached. Here's a link to
some photos of the bike:  https://photos.app.goo.gl/GzZcfXp76f8ViuCg7

I'm flexible on price, but starting at $6,500 since that's what I have in
it. Happy to entertain your offer. I live on the east side of Baltimore
City, in Highlandtown. Email or call if you'd like to come take a look and
we can arrange a time.

Thanks,
Chris Ritzo