[MDairheads] 2019 Last Days of Summer Rally ReCAP

Maryland Airheads marylandairheads at gmail.com
Mon Sep 23 11:16:53 EDT 2019

Hedz,

Thank you to everyone who attended our sixth annual LDoS.  The weather
cooperated, we enjoyed some good riding, good food, and had a few new
attendees.  The rally was smaller this year than in years past, but the
small intimate atmosphere allowed ample time for catching up and telling
lies...

Much to Laura's chagrin Mae has grown to a height that makes her a good
motorcycle passenger... She truly loves being on the bike, so I let her
play hooky Friday (all homework is online now, so she didn't miss a step
there...) to go camping and ride motorcycles #bestdadever!..  Mae and I
headed out Thursday evening. Laura and Cash arrived Friday, but had to
leave Saturday evening. A short rally for them this year...

This year I hauled my Yamaha XT225 dirt bike out there again on the newly
incarnated chuck wagon/moto transport trailer.  Friday Mae and I went for a
beautiful 60 mile ride with David Hamburger on his 1972 Hodaka 100cc
2-stroker, and Jim McKinna astride his 1994 R100GS. Jim really never left
2nd gear, I was able to shift into 5th gear a few times, and David was in
every gear of his bike every 10 seconds to pull the 'hills' around there!
It was a hoot.

Bradley Barrus and John Vanhook rode the 550 miles from Massachusetts on
Wednesday again this year and spent the next three days piling on miles.
They decided to stay an extra day and are likely somewhere in PA or NY at
the time of this writing on their way back north. Others traveled from NY
down to Southern, Virginia and one guy was on his way back to Detroit!
Good to know LDoS is drawing a wide geographic range of riders these days...

Several riders came from Todd Trumbore's rally with nothing but good things
to say. I was bummed to have missed it...

Fred Teasley and the lovely Charlotte assisted with meals and clean up this
year.  I think I've found a new partner(s) to aid in putting the event
together and everything went smoothly. We worked well together. The only
thing that may have suffered was the timing of coffee service, as both Fred
and I were dragging a bit Saturday and Sunday mornings...

We dined on red beans and rice with slow cooked leg quarters Friday evening
and beef Bourguignon and roasted potatoes Saturday. Food was well received
and well consumed. Very few leftovers which made clean up a breeze.

A toast was raised to Mark Lipschitz Saturday evening along with many fond
reminiscences... Conserve your implements!

Saturday afternoon Rob Price and I called Eric Aspden to see where he was!
He was sitting on a dozer and said he would be there in seven hours.  We
thought he was half joking, then around 9:00 PM he and Jill rolled in!  It
was great seeing them and what a commitment. They were at the rally for
about 13 hours!

We missed Eric Zwicky again this year as he was down and out with a
terrible cold... Next year Eric!

I've created a share google photos link where people can to upload photos.
It is is in the signature line now and also here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gJLAMdiTYZgZMkEh7

We will do it again next year.  Same weekend... September 17-20, 2020.

Mark your calendars...

Will Andalora
Maryland Airmarshal
ABC 11737
410.596.0812
www.airheads.org

Airheads  Beemer Club WhAIR and When Online Calendar:
http://www.airheads.org/wair-when#year=2019&month=4&day=21&view=month

Mark Lipschitz: In Memorium  https://photos.app.goo.gl/X2aoBC2ezrzPMZxr5

Google Photos Links to Maryland Airhead Events
2019 Last Days of Summer https://photos.app.goo.gl/gJLAMdiTYZgZMkEh7
2019 Summer Solstice Tech Weekend
https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ve4THJTCJrictsaUA
2019 TechnoBarn https://photos.app.goo.gl/UvqVEnMrv6XGSPjM9
2018 Last Days of Summer https://photos.app.goo.gl/fC2sHqgctx1MV9gw5
2018 Summer Solstice Tech Weekend
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YhLFV2AUHr2A6vWR7
2018 TechnoBarn https://photos.app.goo.gl/mwbNEFZBDM2sAetJ3
2018 Supertech 2.3 https://photos.app.goo.gl/PLn3L34iSenMLnMR2
2018 Supertech 2.3 Museum Tour Day
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2cJl3ylJbNaUVG2A3
2017 Last Days of Summer https://photos.app.goo.gl/JEVvywZREED7OptL2
2017 Golden Age of Airheads https://goo.gl/photos/nQkpXFtvxHmwLDek8
2017 Summer Solstice Tech Day  https://goo.gl/photos/qN2YsweKParKqvXQ8
2017 Rolling Rally  *https://goo.gl/photos/KJT2wXuH6eTM19wU6
<https://goo.gl/photos/KJT2wXuH6eTM19wU6>*
2017 TechnoBarn  https://goo.gl/photos/j1f8tByCfVaBnCUKA
2017 SuperTech 2.2  https://goo.gl/photos/XrckZWXUDRdgJGjk6
2016 Last Days of Summer  https://goo.gl/photos/nYfKa6TabUay714h9
2016 Tom's Tech Day   https://goo.gl/photos/dmh5pktuHvUuvAwH9
2016 Passing of the Airmarshal Flag https://goo.gl/photos/u429MPzKALcJeuF79
2016 Summer Solstice Tech Day  https://goo.gl/photos/SkV19aC4Qc6vJTL78
2016 Rolling Rally  https://goo.gl/photos/ZuNcyMc2DMcrghXP6
2016 SuperTech 2.1  https://goo.gl/photos/Tdg86q3VsR87FdCF8
2015 Last Days of Summer  https://goo.gl/photos/w1XEMp9EkamucpK19
2015 Rolling Rally  https://goo.gl/photos/GKYhLDgV4VC4jUcZ9
2015 SuperTech 2.0  https://goo.gl/photos/oq99m9x492qFFbGR6
2014 Last Days of Summer  https://goo.gl/photos/WSmGi4YhUrHjY8Xt7

Note:  If you are a Gmail user, you can permanently add these albums to
your Google Photo Account. If not, you can simply reference the tag line of
emails from Maryland Airheads to access the albums. These albums are
shared, so people can add images to them.  Some folders are set up, but do
not contain images yet.  Feel free to add relevant images and if you want
to add additional images from another event, we can create albums to
support new or past events.