[MDairheads] Hearing Protection ?

Jim Wilson vinceotter49 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 16:00:13 EST 2019

Many riders don't rear hearing protection. Many of us old rockers from high
school thru-and past college didn't during all the concerts we went to.
Gun shooters do, at least in the last 20yrs I have around firearms,  but
shooting I wear full ear shooters muffs.   Not when dad took my brother & I
starting at age 6 to 18 when he passed away.

Being a long distance rider, 400 ++ miles per day I always wear hearing
protection.   Incase you don't realize it there are different ear [foam]
 sizes.  I use the pink ones most women use as I find they are more
comfortable for 6-12hrs a day use.  buying and using the square cut
cylindrical type is using a very generic type.  they Simply Do Not fit very
well @ ALL.   so the tapered ones or some of the higher priced versions do
fit and work well and they're more comfortable.    the  thing is if you
feel uncomfortable about using [ something /   anything ]  you won't.   I
must have 6-8pairs on my riding jacket at any given time.   Film cans work
ok for holding them,  some plugs come in a longish plastic tube that I glue
a string onto the top and allow to hang off a zipper.   I also have an
aluminum tube for same.  I like the Un-corded ones for helmets use.

SO,    there is the correct way to inset plus into your ear and the common
way which uses semi force and the plug usually 'hangs' out too far and
doesn't do its job correctly, feels gangly, hurts, causing you to think
this isn't going to work right for me ,  thus you DON'T like them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax_NT4Wim2Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vHP8K3BsrA

your local drug store carries  HEAROS

https://www.earpeace.com

https://www.hearos.com/products/hearos-nanos-nrr-28-noise-cancelling-foam-ear-plugs-extra-small-hearing-protection-for-petite-ears-ideal-for-sleeping-snoring-travel-concerts-sports-events-and-shooting-25-pairs

https://www.amazon.com/Hearos-Sleep-Pretty-WomenS-Plugs/dp/B00IPIAF8G

https://www.amazon.com/slp/earplug-container/yx63shbtsz6t4dq

even wearing plugs cutting wood or weed whacking helps  ......  so you can
enjoy your music concerts.
ps don't forget to take ear plugs the ford vs. ferrari in surround sound
- - -  you'll love yourself after.  😀