[MDairheads] More re Sealing Tube Type Rims

JMEVMI85 at aol.com JMEVMI85 at aol.com
Thu Sep 13 15:56:28 EDT 2018

Trying to sift through all of this, as I understand it, the BMW rims designed originally for tubes don’t have the safety bead.  Based on Woody’s position on the subject, it appears they don’t recommend the “conversion” to tubeless given the lack of a safety bead on our airhead wheels.

If Ducati wheels from 1965 have a safety bead, that’s fine, but the majority of us here primarily ride the blue and white rondel motorcycles.  I’m admittedly narrow minded, only interested in airhead BMWs.