[MDairheads] More re Sealing Tube Type Rims

Mac Kirkpatrick drbeemer73 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 15:06:44 EDT 2018

More information:
Yesterday I called Woody's Wheel Works to get more information. The lady
who answered the phone was very knowledgeable (how often does anyone answer
the phone, much less be very knowledgeable?)

She said for them to seal a rim they would need to see it to verify that it
had safety bead built into the wheel; ONLY THEN would they seal it . And
she would not say whether certain years of BMW airheads met this criteria,
such as /5, etc., BUT she did say they would not seal a 21 inch spoked
wheel (which is what I have on my R80G/Ss).

Of course to seal or not is a personal choice; however it is a HUGE safety
issue, not just which LED bulb works or not, and that is my concern, but as
long as folks are knowledgable about ALL the issues and don't just go "go
for it", that's super, and Hey, it must be time for a ride :-)

Mac Kirkpatrick
Glenmoore, PA

"After all, what is adventure, but inconvenience, properly regarded?"
C. Donahue