[MDairheads] Dangerous Advice re Sealing Tube Type Rims

Aloha Charlie surfboatdriver at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 11 01:47:10 EDT 2018

Heads,

I've wanted to try this for years but have always backed out because I'm chicken. I've never heard of anybody that made this modification having a problem or an accident. But knowing how these things work it would be me that had a tire fall off the rim at 100 miles an hour because the tire didn't properly grip the rim.

I feel that if I get a flat on my bike I would be calling the tow truck. I'm terrible at removing tires which is what has to happen to fix a flat with a tube tire. I carry the tools and a patch kit but don't look forward to that day.

So the problem is a flat tire on a tube tire. Isn't there some new magic solution that works with tubes that can be added and it will seal a leak. I think I saw a mention of this recently? But I haven't heard recommendation, as in somebody that has had an experience of it working?

I had a flat on a K bike years ago so I was able to plug it. I'd love to be able to do that on my Airhead. Have never heard on a tubeless rim that firs our bikes either.

Charlie