[MDairheads] post-accident assessment

William Teasley wateas at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 20:18:43 EDT 2018

Hey all,

I had to stop short this morning in traffic, lost traction, and laid the
bike down going maybe 5-10 mph.  Thankfully, I'm OK, and the only apparent
damage at this point are a shattered headlight lens and some scratches (and
my pride).  I rode the bike the remaining way to work and then home, and it
handled fine.

I'd like to do a thorough inspection.  I plan on doing a "stiction test" to
assess the front forks (the front wheel moves freely off the ground).  Can
you all suggest anything else I can do?  No engine guards - should I be
concerned about damage to the cylinders?

I'm in the market for r100rt front fenders, one fork gaiter (got punctured
in the crash, not sure how), and a new headlight lens (maybe reflector,
bucket as well).

Thanks!
-Fred