[MDairheads] rear engine seal , job DONE!!

alain roussel lefermierdechch at gmail.com
Sun Aug 26 16:30:53 EDT 2018

good afternoon,
Thanks to the overall support of the group the rear main seal has been
successfuly replaced this morning with the help and support of Jim McKenna
who came this morning.
I like to  thank everyone ,I got lots of good advise ,specially from Dave
fish (PA airhead) who told me not to be afraid , he was right, this seems
impressive but it is not too complicated if you have the right tools . I
fabricated in a few minutes a tool to block the flywheel with scrap
aluminum ( the special tool made for this  job did  not work for the GS and
is way over what is needed in my opinion). the clutch tention release
screws were found in the shop and it took the better part of a  couple of
hours to finish. (Jim had the seal pushing tool with him.)
Thanks a million to all who responded. I knew that I could count on you.
I  am looking  forward to  be returning the favor.
Alain Roussel