[NJSBMWR] BMW Collection Visit - 09/30/18

Don Eilenberger deilenberger at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 16:50:29 EDT 2018

Was a great success. Everyone who started out from OurWAWA made it
there. The range of BMWs displayed (and a few other interesting bikes
like the Victoria and Marushos)  was nothing short of spectacular.

One thing our host asked - that we please NOT post photos taken at the
site to websites or even Instagram or other web environments. The
location where the photos were taken can be easily determined from the
EXIF data that is part of every JPG taken on your phone. It uses the GPS
on your phone to geo-locate the photo. As Steve (our host) said - it
could tell you what corner of the warehouse the photo was taken in (and
he's entirely correct - I've taken ones where it was possible to
determine what parking space I was in by the GPS coordinates buried in
the photos.  Please don't share the location of the collection on-line
or in email that may be forwarded.

It was good getting together with the New Sweden club - and I think
everyone who came enjoyed the visit.  I'm hoping to receive several
writeups of the visit for the newsletter - and any photos that end up in
the newsletter will be edited to remove the geo-tags (just in case they
can be read off the PDF copy of the newsletter - haven't tried that but
bet they can..)

Thanks to everyone who came today!  We had a great lunch with about 12
of us in attendance at F&M deli in Mt. Laurel. Pastrami was a big hit.

--
Don Eilenberger
deilenberger at yahoo.com