DVNR - May Meeting

David Behnken davidebehnken at gmail.com
Sun May 9 12:16:30 EDT 2021

Hi DVNR members,

My apologies for the late posting.  It was good to see everyone who was
able to come out on April 18 for the club "non-Gathering" at Washington
Crossing.  The weather was about perfect and the turnout of club members
(and a few others) was better than I would have anticipated.

A number of members continued on to the Publick House in Wycombe
afterward.  The food was good and the outdoor seating allowed members to
chat, relax and await the arrival of Rick Hill which happened just as most
members were leaving.  There were several topics of discussion. Members in
attendance decided to do a smaller order of club T-shirts which will be
available by the Triumph National Rally in June.

As a reminder (or if I neglected to post it last month), the club voted to
get two spots at the Triumph National Rally which is June 25 and 26 in
Oley, PA.  http://triumphnationalrally.com/  Several members will be
camping at the event starting Thursday afternoon until we depart on
Saturday late afternoonish. The club will have a table with T-shirts and
other bits for sale including, perhaps, swap-meet parts. Bob Katz is
bringing a 10x20 pop-up and I'll have at least one other canopy.  Any club
members who can attend and help out are much appreciated and I would
encourage everyone to come out, even if it's just for the day to stop by.
Al Hartman is expecting a large turnout and I have to agree that the
turnout should be good. Also, the rally's banquet will most likely be moved
outdoors.  Ryan Weisel and I spoke with Al yesterday at the Perkiomen
Minibike & Scooter show in Oley and the DVNR is being upgraded to a prime
spot under the large steel pole barn/canopy in the rear left corner of the
fairgrounds. As such, the DVNR should be able to display all our Nortons
and set up our area out of the weather should we be subjected to either
rain or a hot sun.

Our usual third Sunday of the month meeting is being hosted by Todd
Robertson in Phillipsburg.  His address is 22 Buckley Hill Drive,
Phillipsburgh and the start time is our usual 11:00.  Look forward to some
of Todd's awesome chili.  I'll be out of town but look to Dan Sellers to
keep law and order.

Our initial plan of meeting up at Classic Cycles in Baptistown had to be
cancelled for now.  Dave at Classic Cycles was quite sick with Covid and
was shut down for an extended period until recently.  As such, he has a
very full plate.  Probably the worst timing for a bike shop to be shut
down.  He's feeling better now and hopefully we can set something up later
in the year.

Also on the horizon is the Red Mill Car show on June 5 in Clinton, New
Jersey. Several DVNR members including me attended the event last year.
It's a great opportunity to see everything from classic touring cars from
the 40s to modern Aston Martins. The club appreciated having Brit bikes to
show the crowd as well.

Ride safe ladies and gentlemen.

David B