Norton??? Fast enough???

ducdude ducdude at verizon.net
Fri Nov 27 10:38:10 EST 2020

LOL  I got my (New to me) 850 up to 90mph yesterday and that seems plenty fast enough.

However, seems she was not happy at 90, (as it was breaking up) so I may have a fuel delivery issue, ( taps to restrictive) or the valves may need a a tad bit of fettling now that she has been ridden hard for the last 300miles heck the timing could be off a bit..  The bike sat a few years in a shed in her past.

I did mange to get all the fluids changed and only made one error (so far) on the oil tank filter fitting as I missed the rear the seals that was not there when disassembled, my fault. Once ridden I was awarded  a nice  coat of oil on the back RH  of the bike.

Ahh live and learn.  The gear box oil was a “yucky” with water contamination (chocolate milk)  as well as a bit of alloy sparkly floaters. Despite filling and draining it twice I think I will do it a few or times till all the “yuck” is gone.    Still the bike shifts very nicely.

Hope all have a fantastic Thanksgiving day, which  BTW used to be called Evacuation Day celebrating the British evacuating NY during the revolutionary war.  I for one am glad we figured all that stuff out :-)

Cheers,
Eric