Ride yesterday

ducdude ducdude at verizon.net
Sun Nov 22 08:20:01 EST 2020

Many Thanks Bruce for the welcome!

It was a glorious day for a ride.  The bikes were grand and the company inviting and helpful. Very Nice group or riders.

I met up with Bob  at his place on my new to me interstate (got it a week ago) got the grand tour (nice bikes there Bob and thanks!) and other then a a bit of fussy starting and the odd stalling here and there on my bike we were on our way on my Norton's first official ride.

I am still dialing the bike in with new premiers and she needs a bit more feddling.  As the ride continued  she got smoother and more responsive.  The staling was addressed with a fast idle 1300-1500rpm   and by the time of the first gas stop, I turned the idle down to 1000-1300 rpm and all was well the rest of the day.

She still has a few carbureted gremlins  such as RH cylinder running a tad hot ,  and a bit of hunting at idle that may indicate an air leak, binding cables or a need for improved balancing.  I’ll figure it out..LOL

The clutch or clutch cable (or the rider) may also need a but of adjusting as the clutch slipped a bit on hard pulls @ higher RPMs but even that got better as the miles added up.

It was also noted the 850 smoked a bit but time and miles may address that.

Over all I really like my new bike, she pulls like a freight train is nimble in the turns for a big bike and man is she pretty..LOL

See you all on the next ride and thanks again all,

Cheers
Eric
74 Commando MK 2A