2020 INOA Rip Van Norton Rally

Daniel Sellers dsellerspa at verizon.net
Fri Mar 27 07:16:32 EDT 2020

Many of our members may already know by now that the 2020 INOA Rally scheduled for July has been canceled. Most of us were holding our breath to see if it could go on. Now it seems like the May British and Euro Rally in Md has been canceled, Triumph National is still on but the promoters are asking that you not send registration until after May 1 in the event of a cancellation. Mid Ohio has not mentioned cancellation yet and they are scheduled for July 10 to 12. Nations Capital Norton Owners are holding an ON LINE meeting for its members this Sunday. We will see what they decide about their Rolling Thunder. Since most of us are in the "high risk" group it is probably best that the organizers of these events consider safety, especially in light of the recent rise in the number of active cases and the number of deaths here in the Delaware Valley.

Cheerio
Dan Sellers
DVNR Treasurer

This is the statement from the INOA regarding the New York Rally.

 After several weeks of conversations, evaluations and speculations, The Tri State Norton Riders decided during a meeting with members, to cancel the 2020 Rip Van Norton Rally this July.   This was a very difficult decision but with the Covid 19 pandemic centered in New York city and state at this time, the Chapter felt they had to do this for public safety along with unknown factors that are still to come.   A valid reason Chuck presented to me was that with several months off from work etc., who may have that extra money to spend on a rally. My own reason to cancel is that these members are going to be under extra stress getting through their own virus worries and how can we give them more, not able to meet, deal with details and guarantee this would still actually happen.   The INOA Board unanimously backs their decision. Chapters are awarded the hosting privilege which means they are in charge of many things according to the contract signed by both entities.   This does not mean the party has to end. We are full on for the 2021 rally in Lumby, B.C. Canada next July hosted by the Okanagan Chapter of West Coast British Motorcycle Owners of Canada.   Tri State Norton Riders have now put in a bid for the 2022 rally and without another solid offer at this time we shall work to make that happen.    What to do this July???  Should conditions allow, have a regional rally, a mini rally, a personal rally! Invite everyone in your area to join you for a campout, a group ride, a pot luck dinner, etc.    Send your plans to Barry at nortonnewseditor at inoanorton.com for publication in the Norton News. Afterwards, we will still have a rally issue with your photos, and how you Kept Calm and Rallied On.    I am personally inviting anyone who can to come to my home to camp overnight, pot luck dinner, bonfire and a ride around my area on a date to be determined during our traditional rally week.   Thank you all – you are treasured and necessary which is why these measures are being taken.   Suzi Greenway, President International Norton Owners Association