[dvnr] Covid-19 and DVNR

William F. Dudley Jr. dud at casano.com
Mon Mar 16 15:53:26 EDT 2020

You may have noticed I didn't attend the last meeting.

I've decided to become a hermit while the virus is spreading.
I'm doing this because I'm an old guy, with an old wife,
and I think it's the right thing to do.  Even if Zhao and
I don't become seriously ill, the chance of spreading the
virus to others worries me.

If the virus spreads too fast, the hospitals will be
overwhelmed with cases; where will the car accident victims
and heart attack victims go when all the beds are full
of virus patients, and also the halls are full and the
waiting room is full?  I feel that we should do as much
as possible to stop the spread, even at the risk of
over-reacting (I don't think that's possible, in light
of the huge numbers of people who aren't taking this
seriously at all.)

I don't think "covering your cough" and "washing your hands"
is going to cut it.

My opinion is that the club should suspend all club activities
until further notice.

What are your opinions?
--
Bill Dudley