2020 Pete Gallo High Mileage Award

David Behnken davidebehnken at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 22:50:19 EST 2020

DVNR Ladies and Gentlemen,

As it's the third Sunday of December and our Christmas Party at Tom
Weisel's house has been cancelled, the Pete Gallo High Mileage Award
presentation will have to be via this email.  CoVid obviously has affected
everyone and motorcycle riding has not always been possible or a priority.
However, the Norton marque still made its presence known on our local
roads.  Coming in at #4 with 323 miles, is new member Eric Heilveil.  Not
bad at all since he just got his bike a month or two ago. Brian Safer came
in #3 with 944 miles. Seems like Brian is a consistent rider which is
fantastic.  #2 is Bob Katz with 1038 miles. Perhaps more important to Bob
is, as of this weekend, ALL his Nortons are in proper working order, tuned
and road ready.  Not an easy task.  Look to see Bob put on a lot of miles
in 2021 and make a run at the trophy.  With 2057 miles, this year's winner
is again me, David Behnken so the trophy stays parked in Bloomsbury for
another year.  Unfortunately, unlike Bob, not all my Nortons are sorted and
ready to go.  Not even close.  Luckily though thanks to the help of Dan
Sellers, my '74 Interstate is in the final stretch and will be road ready
soon. Cue the champagne and confetti.

If you haven't sent me your miles, please do.  The more the merrier for
2021.  Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

David Behnken