Bid to recapture PGHMA at Risk!!!

bsafr at aol.com bsafr at aol.com
Sun Aug 23 10:06:29 EDT 2020

First - just want to thank Chris for inviting us all up to his impressive campus. Very nice spot - scenic wooded grounds and rustic cabins that are pretty cool!
Nice ride up - 95 miles from my house to the camp via  412 - 191 - 447 - 507. George suggested taking a slightly different route via 402 - 209 to catch 191. 402 is a much better road than 447, thought I think the mileage is more via that route.  After I stopped for gas in Bangor, I noticed I had only logged 49 miles from camp - and also noticed that the speedo wasnt registering.  I pulled over after a bit and saw the speedometer gearbox had spun and the cable was kinked its limit. Since the wheel was spinning freely, I assume the gearbox is shot or the drive tabs have broken off.
I suspect at least 50 miles of my return trip were unaccounted for and am concerned that my bid to recapture the coveted Pete Gallo High MIleage Award from Dave B is now at risk!!
Hope everyone else got back safe and sound - especially Dave G.
Brian