Update on October Meeting, Looking for Host For Christmas Party, Election of Officers

Daniel Sellers dsellerspa at verizon.net
Fri Oct 11 13:08:51 EDT 2019

October 11, 2019

DVNR Members

We had to change the October 20 membership meeting location because of scheduling conflicts. Our third Sunday meeting will at Noon on Oct 20 at the Tohickon Tavern located at 7673 Easton Road (Rt. 611) Ottsville PA. We will have lunch at the Tavern. As luck would have it the Phila Eagles play at night on that date so you have time to go home and take a nap before the game starts.

We are still looking for a host for this year's Christmas Party. The date is flexible but Saturday Dec 14 would be in line with past events. If you would be willing to host please contact President George for more information. The party policy is that each couple brings either an appetizer, side dish or desert and the host chooses and provides the meat (usually two). The club treasury reimburses all out of pocket expenses. Beer and wine are purchased but NO Liquor.

Nominations for club Officers will be taken at this months meeting. Officers are President, Treasurer, and Secretary. Term of office is one year. Appointed positions, appointed by newly elected President are Road Captain, AMA Legislative Officer and if needed a Sargent at Arms. If interested come on out and get in the mix.

Next month's meeting is scheduled for the Third Sunday (Nov 17) at the home of Bob Katz in Glenside PA. Elections will be held at that meeting. Bob always has something cooking, well not actually cooking, in his shop for us to check out. There is always time for a tech session for out beloved Norton motorcycles.

There are no hosts for meetings in 2020. If you would like to host a meeting in Jan, Feb, or March let us know. April will be our Gathering of the Nortons. Date to be named after we get a contract with the Park Service.

So: Meeting, Nominations, Christmas Party, Elections, Nov Mtg., Request for hosts. I think that's it for now.

Sincerely,
Dan Sellers DVNR Treasurer.