DVNR notes of the October 2019 meeting held 10/20/2019

Daniel Sellers dsellerspa at verizon.net
Sat Nov 2 10:10:52 EDT 2019

DVNR October Membership Meeting – 10/20/2019

The October meeting was held at the Tohicken Tavern in Ottsville Paon our regular third Sunday meeting date. On that day it was raining hard inthe early AM and it was raining when the meeting concluded after 2 PM. Neverthe less there were 21 members present to conduct business of the DVNR.

After friendly conversation and a very good lunch PresidentGeorge called the meeting to order. Nomination of officers for 2020 was thefirst order of business. George Roetenberg was nominated for President, DanSellers nominated for Treasurer/Membership Sec.,.and Kenneth Kopec wasnominated for Secretary. Ken was not present to accept the nomination. PatDaloisio volunteered to handle the duties of Sergent at Arms if so needed.(this position would be appointed by the new President if deemed necessary) Noother nominations were presented.

The next meeting is scheduled to be held at Bob Katz’s homein Glenside. Elections will be finalized atthat time.

The Christmas Party will be graciously hosted by Frank andShelly Mohr in Blue Bell Pa. The date for the party will be Saturday December14. Frank presented a question about the Christmas Party. What do the membersthink about holding the party as an open house, say from mid afternoon to earlyevening? (I promise this was not done to end the party before Rick Hillarrives). A short discussion was held with the uncertainty of how to conductthe Chinese Auction and what to do about the food that members bring with them.The discussion was tabled until the November meeting where we can discuss itfurther.

Todd Robertson offered to host the February 2020meeting.  David Behnken offered to hostthe March 2020 meeting. April’s activity will be the Gathering of the Nortons.The date will be the last (4th) Sunday of April, April 26 if thedate is approved by the WC Park Office.

David Behnken stated that he had spoken to Kenny Cummingsregarding having another meeting at Ken’s shop in Jersey City in 2020. Ken was willing to hostbut didn’t want to do so as he began to ready for his racing season. Davethought perhaps our January meeting date might be an opportunity to visit NYCNorton. Post meeting note. We will discuss this further at the November meetingand take a poll on who would make the trip to Jersey City in January.

A motion was made and seconded to have the club treasurypick up the lunch tab for the meeting. The motion passed without opposition.

The meeting was adjourned in order.

Respectfully submitted

Dan Sellers - Treasurer

For members who have trouble with the mail format I am attaching a pdf version.