August 2019 Meeting Plans - Please Reply As Soon As Possible

Daniel Sellers dsellerspa at verizon.net
Sat Aug 3 23:49:00 EDT 2019

October 3, 2019 DVNR MembersThere have been several emails that have given plans for ourAugust meeting for 8/17 and 8/18. The event is now only 2 weeks away and weneed to know how many members plan to make the trip to Lake Wallenpaupack. The plan goes something like this. Chris Owen and his WifeHeidi have offered their lakefront Summer home on Lake Wallenpaupackalong with two rustic cabins as a retreat for the DVNR. The home is in TaftonPA and there is room for 23 people in beds. Some are single beds, some bunkbeds and some are queens which would work well for some of our couples. Roomsare small but cozy. Chris made mention in one of his emails that there arethree boat docks on the lake where you can be on the water (you will get wet).  There is a cliff where you can watch thesunset, drink and smoke. No TV and no internet. I’ll send more details forthose who plan to attend. For our members who don’t want to ride their Nortons longdistances this should be a great trip of about 100 miles each way. The originalplan was to ride up on Saturday morning, have some lunch, then take a ridearound the lake (29 miles) then relax and party. Some of our members asked ifthey could come on Friday afternoon and Chris graciously expanded theinvitation. Heidi has offered to provide all the meals but we MUST know howmany to expect. Of course any bike will be welcome and there is some space ifyou have a camper or want to tent.  There are many restaurants and the Wallenpaupack Brewerynearby. Oktoberfest will also be going on in the Alpine Village Honesdale PA.  Heidi says you don’t need a bunch of clothes for this trip.Most people wear the same casual clothes all weekend. Don’t forget a bathingsuit and towel.  After partying on Saturday night we will have breakfast andstraighten up a bit, then head home on Sunday morning. Guys and Gals, it doesn’t get any better than this. Please reply as soon as possible and state if you plan to doFri, Sat & Sunday or just Sat & Sunday.  If youwould like to go as a group ride please note that. No group plans have beenplanned yet.. Questions, contact Pres George or Myself, Treasurer Dan  George:  g_roetenberg at msn.comDandsellerspa at verizon.net