[dvnr] DVNR October Meeting Notes

Daniel Sellers dsellerspa at verizon.net
Tue Oct 23 21:24:26 EDT 2018

DVNR October meeting notes
On Sunday 10/21 our regular meeting was graciously hosted bySteve and Jonna Royer. We have been negotiating this event for several monthsuntil the Royers were able to accommodate our third Sunday meeting date. Icounted 25 members present, 5 of whom actually rode on 2 wheels (one on aNorton) The location was Oley PA and the temperature was 45 degrees with gustywind. There was plenty of parking for the cage drivers who were smiling aftertheir morning cold “ride” to the meeting. The visit was truly worth the wait. Jonna had mentioned tome that about 50 of Steve’s most prized motorcycles and a lot of memorabiliahad been sold in preparation for their move to Florida. I was hoping for the best when weentered the building. What a surprise when we walked in and saw the vast collection.It was a very large building and there were motorcycles of all makes and modelseverywhere. There was enough eye candy there to hold our attention for severalhours. Jonna had gone for food and beverage prior to our arrival and fixed asitting area for some of us to sit and eat. The food from nearby Bella ItaliaOley Restaurant was a perfect fit for a shop visit. Hot coffee hit the spot forsome and I don’t need to mention the most popular beverages brought to themeeting by Dave Glover. A very brief meeting was held to announce the Novembermeeting details and the start time for the Christmas Party hosted by Frank Mohron Saturday December 15 starting at 5 PM. Meeting was adjourned. A short tech session studying Pat Daloisio’s Combat engine casesfollowed. Pat was concerned about the bearings in his Combat and wanted adviceon changing them to “super blend” bearings. Pat also had three precious camsthat he wanted to discuss but most observers deemed them to be junk. Pat statedthat he will remove the bearings in the near future and post the bearingnumbers for review. Rich Casey pointed out that the original bearings were acause of problem for many Combat engines (blown up engine) and many of the engineshad their bearings replaced by dealers shortly after their sale. It wasinteresting to see the additional strengthening bosses for the main bearings onthe Combat engine and also the passage for the return oil. The recommended fixwas discussed. We will wait for bearing news from Pat. For an oversight of what you missed on Sunday, plug thisinto you browser and have a look. https://www.oldbikesandstuff.com  Seeing this in person was even more inspiring. Thank you Steve and Jonna for your hospitality and time toentertain so many of our members. Jonna, your selection of food vendors wasterrific and your efforts were greatly appreciated. Good luck and best wisheson your move. Dan SellersDVNR Treasurer