[dvnr] DVNR June 15, 16, and 17 Ride

Daniel Sellers dsellerspa at verizon.net
Sun Jun 3 21:49:46 EDT 2018

DVNR Members
Let me provide some details of the upcoming ride scheduledfor June 15, 16 and 17. As a group we have made this trip twice before with avariety of activities intermingled with the trip. Both vintage and modernmotorcycles are welcome.

The destination, The Red Horse Hunt Club is a club houseabout 5 miles North of Claryville New  York. Specifically located on Black Bear Road. For those who are goingthe street address will be provided. DVNR member Will Myers and his wife Donna,our members from Pine Bush New York is a member of the RH Hunt Club and hasextended an invitation to stay and enjoy the club house. The club house has akitchen with commercial grade range, griddles and oven, dishwasher, icemachine, beer mister, and more than I can remember. The dining table seats 18or more people and the living room has full TV service with lots of comfortableseating. There are 20 or more single beds on the second floor and additionalprovisions for sleeping on the first floor.

DVNR member Bill Casey has volunteered to be chef for theweekend and has a menu including restaurant grade steaks and sides and probablyLasagna on Saturday. Made to order breakfast from the griddle will be served onboth Saturday and Sunday mornings. There will be no shortage of food with snackfood and beer always available.

For reference, Claryville NYis just about 160 miles(depending on your route) from Washington Crossing. This third Sunday weekendjust happens to coincide with the Rhinebeck AMCA Swap Meet that is about 60miles northeast of the Hunt Club. The meet sets up on Thursday and runs Fridayand Saturday. Vendors tend to start packing up by mid afternoon on Saturday.There is a motorcycle museum (Motorcyclepedia) in Newburg NY about 60 milesaway. And there are plenty of great motorcycle roads surrounding the Hunt Club inevery direction from the Hunt Club.

As far as cost goes, in the past we asked each member tocontribute about $35 to $ 40 each for the weekend and the DVNR covered the costof beer snacks and one dinner after which a meeting was held.

As of this morning (June 3) I was informed that there are 12members planning to attend.

Dan Sellers
DVNR Treasurer