[PaSuperTech] Supertech 2019

Will Andalora will_andalora at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 4 16:03:25 EST 2019

I'd like to express my gratitude to Rob, Chris, and all who assisted them in putting together the most recent edition of Supertech.  The presentations were top notch with a balance of fun and learning.   As a co-organizer of the Maryland Supertechs, I understand what it takes to put these events on and appreciate the efforts of all who contributed.

Highlights for me included Eric Heilveil's demonstration on the shorting method for BMW carburetor adjustment and wheel building with Craig Barnhart and Rob Price.

After 18 years of owning BMW motorcycles I finally understand the shorting method of balancing carburetors and am confident I will be able to use this method moving forward. Thank you Eric for providing a detailed demonstration and remaining patient with the extremely cold morning temperatures.

In 2011 I bought my R80/7 and sought out a bike with snowflake rims because I had experiences with broken spokes and did not understand spoke wheel repair.  I wanted to leave that potential headache behind me, but have always preferred the look of spoke rims.  After Saturday's presentation, I now understand more about spoke rims and how to repair and sort them out than I thought I'd ever know. It is a daunting subject, and both Craig and Rob made the subject approachable. Although I am unlikely to attempt this without supervision, I now have an understanding of what to look for and feel confident I could affect a field repair and assessment if necessary.  Thank you.

Lastly, I'd like to thank Snowbum for making the trek from the winter of Lake Tahoe to the full on winter of central PA, and then sharing accounts of his many adventures and vast knowledge.  After years of intermittent email correspondence and countless references of your technical site it was a pleasure to meet you Bob.

I look forward to seeing some of you on the road this summer or perhaps at a tech day.

All the Best,

Will Andalora
ABC 11737
Maryland Airmarshal