Introduction

DWAP dwapickle at gmail.com
Thu Nov 26 12:52:17 EST 2020

Hello
 I am looking forward to my new role as the NY air Marshall. I was a good
friend of Mike Friedle- the former Air Marshall. I was visiting him in the
hospital and then nursing home regularly until the end of March when visits
were discontinued due to Covid. I first met Mike back in 1991 as he rode
around with his daughter Alice in his sidecar. We lived 30 minutes from
each and became buddies. I attended every one of his Airhead rallies and
designed the T shirts that were sold there.
I have been riding motorcycles since the mid 70's but what really changed
my life was in 1991 when I bought my first Airhead- a 1978 R80/7. I bought
it from Mike Marston in Turner Maine- who is an excellent airhead mechanic.
He works on BMW airheads and MotoGuzzis (also airheads) When I bought the
bike from Mike he introduced me to the MOA magazines and rallies-  as soon
as I attended my first rally I knew I had found my family. I joined MOA,
RA, and Airheads as well as some local clubs (CRVBMW, Yankee Beemers and
MOV) I am Airhead #1500 and was even featured on the cover of Airmail in
October 1995. Since then I have always had at least one BMW in my garage-
and have attended many BMW rallies. I always make my way to the Airhead
tent at the nationals (MOA and RA) and have made friends all over the
country. My first husband (who passed in 2009) also rode BMW's and between
us we maintained a garage of 8 bikes for quite some time. Once he passed I
thinned the herd a bit and now only have 3 bikes and a scooter. I have
always done most of my own wrenching and enjoy attending tech days. Perhaps
I will host one in the spring if this Covid thing loosens its grip. I
continue to ride- my current stable consists of a 1982 R65LS, a 2000 SV650
and a 2019 BMW G310R. I have owned 7 BMW's 5 MotoGuzzis. a Ducati,  a BSA,
a Montessa, and several japanese bikes. In the late 90's I started a small
company that caters to Airhead riders (www.dwapickle.com) I advertise in
MOA, Airmail and Classic BMW Motorrader.
I hope to see you all on the road or at a rally in the upcoming season. In
the meantime stay positive, test negative, and keep in touch.

Sioux--
Don't Want A Pickle
www.dwapickle.com
845 464 5695