[NYAirheads] Reminder: Tappan Zee Tech Day next May 5

Jean Lachaud jl at cloud9.net
Thu May 3 10:55:45 EDT 2018

2018 Tappan Zee Tech Day:
Saturday May 5
Mount Kisco, NY 10549

The 2018 downstate NY tech day will be held in Mount Kisco, NY (about 40
miles north of Times Square on the Saw Mill River Parkway) at the home of
Steve and Rady Bauer.
Steve has some neat vintage BMW's and collectibles that are quite nice and
rare.

The tech day will take place in a 2-bay garage, with one lift, and plenty of
space (gravel driveway) outside.

If you have a more complex project, contact Jean Lachaud (jean at beheme.info)
ahead of time, so that any special tools and other requirements can be
arranged, if possible.
A Grok Harmonizer carb tool for synching and adjusting carbs will be
available, as well as electrical supplies and tools.

As always, remember to bring your own fluids and parts, and special tools if
you need them.

If a parts run is necessary, Mount Kisco is about 35 minutes and 2 lights
from Max BMW store in Brookfield, CT, which closes at 3 pm on Saturdays.

** PLEASE RSVP **: Let us know you're coming so we can plan for enough food!

We'll start around 9am with bagels and custom roasted coffee by coffee
importer Steve Bauer, and later a grill lunch (dogs and burgers, sodas,
etc.)
A $10 contribution for food & beverages is requested.

Please e-mail Steve at cotyledoncoffee at gmail.com  for more info and
directions:

Steve Bauer:
Address:		14 Woodland Rd, Mount Kisco, NY 10549
Home Tel.		914-864-2267
Steve Cell:		914-960-9669

Address Notes:	We are not easy to find!  There is more than one "Woodland"
near Mount Kisco which can confuse navigation systems.  We are NOT Woodland
Street, Avenue or Lane, etc.  We are Woodland Road, which is off Crow Hill
Road.

NOTE: Remember that trailers and commercial vehicles are not allowed on
Parkways.

*	Best route North/South is the Saw Mill River Parkway to the Mount
Kisco exit (No. 34), go West (left turn) on Route 133 to Crow Hill, go North
(right turn) on Crow Hill at the white church to the stop sign, then left
(still Crow Hill Road) to the first right on Woodland Road. It is a gravel
road so drive slowly. Follow the signs at the pond to 14.
Total from SMRP exit is about a mile.

*	Also possible is via Route 100 to Crow Hill (heading East) to
Woodland Road.

Crow Hill Road is easily accessed from NY Routes 100 and 133. Both routes
can be accessed at Exit 8 (Millwood) of the Taconic State Parkway.

Mount Kisco is easily accessed on NY Routes 133, 117 and 172, as well as
exit 34 of the Saw Mill River Parkway, and exit 4 of I-684.

Hope to see you all on May 5!

---