[NJSBMWR] going riding this Sunday

j b simplyabsurd at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 00:21:32 EST 2020

Alright, Roger gave me grief at our meeting this past Wednesday. Something
about riding so many miles and not riding with the club. (Even though I did
ride with you all to Van Sant Airport!)

And he was trying to rope some of us into being ride captains. That's too
much of a commitment, but I'm offering up a ride for this Sunday. Feel free
to join me.

It's going to start from the newer Quick Check on route 537 here
<https://goo.gl/maps/22zjVV9Hr8b1EKta8>, at 270 Monmouth Rd, Manalapan
Township, NJ 07726. From there, it will be about 3 hours to the Washington
Diner here <https://goo.gl/maps/UuyZfoMcJB598XwT9>, 6 NJ-31, Washington, NJ
07882.

If people want, we can eat lunch there. Then it's about 2 hours back to the
same Quick Check via a different route.

I tried to pick out one or two stops along each way in case folks need a
break.

I'm attaching a PDF of the overall routes.

Looking at the weather, it seems like the rain should be stopping in the
morning. So I'm planning on leaving from Quick Check at 9am, to get to the
diner at lunchtime, and be home before it starts to get dark.

The weather should be nice, even if we hit a little rain. BMWs are tough
bikes, right? I know mine doesn't melt in the rain.

It'd be nice to have an idea of who is coming, but if you're not sure, just
be sure to show up in time to get gas, use the bathroom, and leave the
Quick Check at 9am.

See you Sunday maybe. Let me know if you have any questions.

Jonathan