[NJSBMWR] Harold Gantz / KLR

Eric Suhr delsuhr at optonline.net
Mon Sep 10 10:37:24 EDT 2018

Nice tribute to Harold in the newsletter.  He was truly one of the good guys
and will be missed.

I know a little about his KLR as I sold it to him when he decided he'd like
to get back into riding a few years ago. The original owner was Rich Casey,
who some of you may know and who has a nice and diverse collection of bikes
and reputation of meticulously caring for them.  He added:

.         Aluminum bash plate

.         Acerbis hand guards; and,

.         As I recall, went down a few teeth on the rear sprocket.

I added:

.         Aux lights;

.         Powerlet port;

.         Fork brace;

.         Heated grips;

.         New rear shock (built and installed by Klaus); and,

.         New gas tank, stock from Kawasaki with original graphics,
installed just a few months prior to sale.

It also has a center stand, which I believe is aftermarket, too.  When I
sold it to him it had a set of lightly used TKC-80's on it (plus an extra
rear tire), so they may still be available.  While I didn't put that many
miles on it the oil was freshened at regular intervals.

It has always been garaged (I visited Rich's garage before I bought it and
saw where it was kept) and I say without hesitation that it is one of the
nicest KLRs of this vintage you'll find anywhere.

I hope this helps Sara sell the bike and good on ya for helping her out.  If
anyone has any questions about the bike I'm happy to answer them.

Eric