[MIAirheads] Flanders Fest August 4th

Dave lore724 at aol.com
Wed Jun 19 13:42:14 EDT 2019

Airheads

Walter Flanders was a protege of Henry Ford.  He worked for Ford in 1907/8. Flanders then left Ford and started his own automotive and MOTORCYCLE companies.  The motorcycle company was located in Chelsea MI.

A group of motorcycle guys found a 1911 Flanders and brought it home to Chelsea. There it was disassembled and reassembled and put in running condition. Its first start up was July 26th, 2016. It was donated to the Chelsea Area Historical Society where it resides.

This August 4th, we will be celebrating the Flanders and two instrumental figures, who are now deceased, in its return to Chelsea.  There will be a motorcycle ride starting at 10am leaving from the train station in Chelsea.  All bikes are welcome. There will bike parking by the train station.  A band will be playing and food trucks will be on site.  The event starts at noon but you can arrive anytime.

This is the first Flanders Fest.  If you can make it, it would be great if we had a big contingent of BMW riders.  Please plan on attending.  If you have any questions let e know.

Dave