[MEairheads] Gas tank stank....

Nik Rende maineam2 at gmail.com
Wed May 6 12:40:57 EDT 2020

I have my RS gas tank down at Barrington Motor Works where they are
doing a reline.  It was a project I knew I had to get done as the old
stuff in there was flaking off and looked really nasty. So a few weeks
ago I took a drive down to drop it off and Ande started the process.
Barrington has a tumbler that they mount the tanks on and use various
solutions and techniques.  After sitting for a week with Evaporust and
drained, Ande used various pliers and other claw-like devices to pull
some of it out.  Even he was horrified...

I looks like it was relined at least once and there is some foam-like
stuff there that he said came out of the pockets.   He was afraid of
what else he might find....

Be well and get out to ride.  I hear the middle of the month is looking
better!

And don't forget to reup with the ABC if you haven't already!

Nik
Maine A/M