Racetech emulators on a R100RS

Michael Cecchini mrc.engr at verizon.net
Sun May 9 15:43:31 EDT 2021

Actually Cutter doesn't put together a RaceTech Emulator "kit".
He buys everything from RaceTech just, like you & I can do on the RaceTech site.
Then he simply marks up the price, repackages the parts and sends to you.

Do note, Cutter's warranty on anything RaceTech is only 30 days.  After that he'll tell you not to call him anymore.......even if his invoice shows he sent you the wrong springs and fork oil.  It's yours on day 31..

RaceTech has a excellent site to deal with with full PDF instructions with pics that make the job easy.
The fork springs and fork oil drop-down menus are excellent and spot-on the money to your weight & suggestions.

https://racetech.com/ProductSearch/12/BMW/R100RS/1980

From: William Lambert

   You’re welcome Eric. There is no need to rush the suspension work into place.   The fairing is not an impediment to the fork work. The job is no more or less difficult with the fairing in place.  Yes, the forks will need to be removed from the triple-tree in their entirety.  They are then completely dismantled, cleaned and refurbished with new seals, washers etc.   Tom Cutter provides at a fair price a complete rebuild kit for the fork assembly.  His kit, along with fresh oil and the RaceTech goodies makes for a very nice end result. Done properly,  there will be no need to revisit the front end of the bike for many years to come.
  Your pictures show a fine example of the RS.  You certainly wasted no time digging in.  Enjoy.

Michael Cecchini wrote:
Do the emulators.  Big diff and you'll thank yourself.
Be ready to find out how much your shocks suck. ;)

Don't send your forks to Cutter.  He screwed-up mine big time.
Contrary to popular & poorly informed opinions he's a hack.
I ended up doing them properly myself.

Bill Lambert and I can answer further questions.