Motorcycle Man Documentary, Dave Roper IOM TT Winner

Todd Trumbore motorrader at verizon.net
Sat Jun 12 13:41:24 EDT 2021

Please watch the short video below and then read the rest of the text….your thoughts?

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Dave+Roper+documentary+trailer <https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=Dave+Roper+documentary+trailer&ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dDave%2bRoper%2bdocumentary%2btrailer%26form%3dWMSRPA%26ao%3d1%26qs%3dSW%26cvid%3d531c1ce443634309b51d0a7cb8c71e6f%26pq%3dDave%2bRoper%2bdocumentary%2btrailer%26cc%3dUS%26setlang%3den-US%26wsso%3dModerate%26qfig%3db6a2a9040ee4441094c990456fdd5a74%26rewards%3d1&view=detail&mid=20EB24C7CD424C2C43A620EB24C7CD424C2C43A6&&mmscn=vwrc&FORM=VDRVSR> &ru=%2fsearch%3fq%3dDave%2bRoper%2bdocumentary%2btrailer%26form%3dWMSRPA%26ao%3d1%26qs%3dSW%26cvid%3d531c1ce443634309b51d0a7cb8c71e6f%26pq%3dDave%2bRoper%2bdocumentary%2btrailer%26cc%3dUS%26setlang%3den-US%26wsso%3dModerate%26qfig%3db6a2a9040ee4441094c990456fdd5a74%26rewards%3d1&view=detail&mid=20EB24C7CD424C2C43A620EB24C7CD424C2C43A6&&mmscn=vwrc&FORM=VDRVSR

Dave Roper, Motorcycle Man, a Short Documentary Film

I met Dave Roper at a vintage event about three or four years ago in MA and have kept in close contact ever since.  He is a legend in the vintage racing world, has been racing for almost 50 years, is the only American to win the Isle of Mann TT, but much more importantly he is also a warm, down to earth and very humble person who has a wonderful story to tell, especially for those of us who have a similar passion.

This Spring I organized, laid out and led a memorial ride for the Perkiomen Chapter of the AMCA; Dave Roper and fellow vintage racer Dick Miles followed directly behind me with a group of vintage riders.  I could not have been more honored.  They really enjoyed the ride and Dave invited me to join them for dinner after the ride. What interesting and fascinating conversations were exchanged over dinner, a moment I’ll never soon forget.

Daniel Lovering spent four or five years trying to raise the funds to produce a documentary film regarding the life of Dave Roper.  Several years ago I was more than happy to make a contribution towards the production of this documentary.  Just recently Jack Povilaitis and Daniel Lovering ask me if I was interested in hosting a private screening of the documentary “Motorcycle Man”.

I was sent a link and passcode to view the entire film privately.  What did I think…I just finished viewing the film four times, back to back.  That should tell you how much I enjoyed it.  Don’t get me wrong, it is not “The World’s Fastest Indian”, but it doesn’t have a tiny fraction of that budget either.

I’ll know more details of what’s involved and expected when they contact me early next week, but I think this may be a great opportunity or an excuse to invite club members together for a gathering, or to view the film during our Fall VBMWMO rally. There are vintage BMW racers in the film, but the story is much broader than just one marque.  Dave has raced a multitude of brands of motorbikes.  He happened to be riding a 59 Horex Resident 350 single, the day of the memorial ride.  The film is about the man himself.

Please read the presentation below and click on the links for the trailer and more information.  I’d be interested in your thoughts.

Todd Trumbore

Daniel Lovering

Founder & Creative Director

Bagamor Media LLC

1300 Soldiers Field Rd., Suite 4

Boston, MA 02135

412-953-2794  |   <http://bagamormedia.com/> bagamormedia.com

Hello Todd,

My name is Jack Povilaitis, and I am a production assistant with Bagamor Media.

I am reaching out to you to see if The Vintage BMW Motorcycle Owners Club would be interested in hosting a virtual screening of our short documentary Motorcycle Man <https://www.motorcyclemanfilm.com/> , which is about veteran motorcycle racer Dave Roper, who has been racing every year since 1972. Dave was the first American to win the UK's Isle of Man Tourist Trophy race and has become a folk hero of the sport, not only because of his accomplishments on the racetrack but because of his philosophical outlook on life. Dave's relentless passion for racing and for the bikes themselves is a shining example of the positive impact motorcycles can have on someone throughout their life. You can watch the trailer and read more about the film here <https://www.motorcyclemanfilm.com/> .

Motorcycle Man has screened at 11 film festivals internationally over the past year and won four awards. We're now starting to distribute it independently by partnering with organizations for private online screenings and discussions.

Hosting a screening could be a great way for you and your members to connect. We can add logos and display ads to the screening page so that sponsors could be involved.

If you are interested, I'd be happy to share a private link to the film so you can watch it and decide if this is something you would like to pursue. Then perhaps we could schedule a Zoom call with director Daniel Lovering to discuss it further.

Thank you,

Jack Povilaitis

Motorcycle Man Poster Artwork.png

Motorcycle Man Film <https://www.motorcyclemanfilm.com/>