UPDATE: 75 R90S Daytona for Sale

Todd Trumbore motorrader at verizon.net
Fri Jun 4 14:38:49 EDT 2021

UPDATE on the Sale of Joe Dille’s 75 R90S Daytona

It appears that Joe Dille purchased this bike late in the year 1989 and started with the normal maintenance until a complete rebuild and restoration in 1995.  At the time the bike had 45K miles, so it didn’t need too much attention.   I have got most if not all of his service and maintenance records in front of me.  Joe was fanatical when it came to maintenance. The records show that the oil was changed every one to two thousand miles and he used Mobil 1   15/50 wt religiously until the last oil change when he switch to Valvoline 20v/50 air-cooled MC oil.  There is 66K miles on the bike currently and roughly 1K miles since the last oil change.

Most of the maintenance was the typical fluid changes, tires, batteries, spline lube, wheel bearing repacked, fork seals, etc.  I see he did replace the clutch, throw out bearing, rebuilt the master brake cylinder, new brake lines and shifter seal.  The mufflers are new as well as the clutch, choke cables, oil pressure switch, pan gasket and rear wheel bearings.

As I stated earlier, the bike fires up quickly, settles into a steady idle and pulls very strong down the road, in all five gears.  It comes complete with the factory tool pouch and tray, original BMW shop towel, rare factory locking wheel cable, remote charging outlet, BMW touring saddlebags, BMW tank bag, several original BMW R90S owners’ manuals as well as other aftermarket service manuals.

The bike is bone stock original with no modifications other than the signature of its designer, Hans A. Muth, which is clearly displayed on the rear fender under the saddle.

This is without question a highly desirable and collectable vintage BMW.  Some extremely low mileage examples of Daytona R90Ss have sold north of $25K in the past.  The market is up and down from year to year.  Patti is not looking for that kind of an offer.  Myself and other vintage collectors feel this bike is worth $15K, but I’m sure Patti will entertain all offers and is willing to negotiate.

Patti would prefer that this bike be sold locally and it is listed as such presently.  Should this bike be listed on EBay or BAT (Bring a Trailer) with a national or international exposure, I think it would fare quite well. This R90S is extremely presentable, maybe not quite Concours, but Joe rode and enjoyed the bike as it was meant to be.  Let’s hope someone in the region gives it a caring home

Feel free to email or call anytime,

Todd Trumbore

610.761.4746

cid:ce37959a-3d4f-4b1a-9590-10f6b06f6d88

Hi Todd, I’d be interested in the R90.  Send me any info you have.  Thanks!