Who did I loan my CycleWorks timing-chain tools too a few years ago?

William Lambert b_line750 at verizon.net
Sat Jan 16 15:17:41 EST 2021

   Mike,

   Very true.  Seldom am I one to be the Devil’s advocate. I recently (last week) experienced similar circumstance.  My neighbor asked to borrow my 4’ drywall square.  To which I was happy to oblige.  A week went by, I had to prompt him for the return of the tool.  In the cover of darkness, he dropped it off.  Bent, chipped, scratched.  It has a workbook tread pattern stamped on.   Still functional but not as pleasant to work with as before.  It happens.  While grinding through a workday, some guys are capable of destroying a forged steel cannonball.

   A minor issue with the prospect of passing around special tools would be their proper identification.  Tools of all sorts are routinely referred to by different names by many people.  Based on verbal description, it might be difficult to be certain the proper tool for a specific task is being forwarded.  Do BMW special tools all carry a part number ?  If so, to include this number as data on the spreadsheet might be helpful.  In other cases, we often craft our own shop made special tool.  These could also be identified by part number and just as easily be passed around.

  Bill Lambert.