tools and tips

Porter Gieske portergieske at me.com
Mon Jan 11 09:37:43 EST 2021

Greetings Md airheads-
	I am new to this group, Ive been meaning to write, I now have a good excuse.

I am rebuilding a 1981 R100RS- down to frame paint.
I wasn’t planning on doing extensive engine work, but the guru from afar that I have been consulting with has convinced me to do some preventative maintenance.
I pulled the transmission to do the spline lube and its a mess in there. Oil and grime.
I now need to pull the clutch/flywheel to get to the oil pump.  I’ll be doing the seals as well.
Which leads me to this - tools.  I'm not against buying some of them, but they might be offered on loan from members here.
Other tools I can potentially make, or 3d print, as that’s part of my profession.  The main seal disc with the 5 holes is an example of that.
I’ll need the flywheel bar, clutch removal tools, clutch centering tool, and something to stop the crank from the rotor end at the front.

If anyone also wants to lean over my shoulder and point with comments - bring it on.

thanks-
Porter Gieske

Lutherville area